ACS is ready to do more for companies that want to do less. The Fortune 500 company provides business process outsourcing and IT consulting for companies and organizations seeking outsourcing or business process automation.
The company tackles major business headaches such as data storage, customer call centers, servers, and data centers. About 75 percent of its business is BPO-related, and it has 16,000 employees in Mexico, India, Ghana, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and the Philippines to provide outsourced services.
For clients that prefer to keep IT capabilities in-house, ACS provides remote infrastructure management. The company’s clients include local, state, and federal government agencies, numerous health care and health insurance companies, and other commercial organizations.
The company’s biggest client is the U.S. Department of Education, for which ACS manages outsourced student loan processing. Although the company maintains an international presence to take advantage of cheap labor elsewhere, 93 percent of its clients are domestic.
ACS is on the top of the heap when it comes to BPO. The company ranked number one on The Black Book of Consulting‘s list of the Top 50 Best Managed Global Outsourcing Vendors 2007, as well as Gartner’s Top BPO Worldwide Vendors with Multiple Processes 2006 and Top Comprehensive F&A BPO Venders 2007. In 2006, the company was number 5 on the Fortune list of Most Admired Companies for IT.
2828 North Haskell Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204
FINANCIAL AND PERS ONNEL HIGHL IGH TS
- 2007 revenue ($M): $5,772.5
- 1-year growth rate: 7.8 percent
- Number of employees, 2007: 60,000
- 1-year growth rate: 11.5 percent
- IT Consulting Company Profile: Acccenture Part (2)
- IT Consulting Company Profile: Acccenture Part (3)
- Trends in IT Consulting: The Rise of Business Process Outsorcing Part (2)
- IT Consulting Company Profile: Acccenture
- Trends in IT Consulting: The Rise of Business Process Outsourcing