One emerging source of hope for the b2b sector is in web services. Much has been promised for these by the technology industry’s biggest players, most notably Microsoft, ibmand Sun. Web ser- vices allow software programs and services.
Software programs and services to be plugged to- get her irrespective of their original source or format, thus allowing disparate networks to share information without the need for massivere-engineering of existing systems or expensive investment in new hardware and software.
Because they are based on industry standards such as xml (Extensible Mark-up Language, a relative of html designed for data exchange). In theory they allow any program that presents data in standard formats to speak to any other, thus solving one of the business world’s most intractable and expensive problems.
- Essential Internet: B2B or Not B2B? Part (2)
- Essential Internet: The Big Brand Part (3)
- Essential Internet: B2B or Not B2B? Part (3)
- Essential Internet: The Big Brand Part (2)
- Essential Internet: B2B or Not B2B?